Monday, September 12, 2011

Summer 2011 Wrap uno

Not that this is surprising news, but I wasn't so great at taking photos of all our happenings and goin' ons this summer. Good thing that Felicia and her camera were always ready for most of anything that we did. The next few days will be dedicated to pictures and stories from this summer that have not yet been shared.
Tonight we'll start with Courtney's Berry Fabulous Bridal Shower, June 25th:
Bride to be with her Mom and Sisters (with her "berry fabulous bride" banner, which did not make it in the final crop)
The entry/exit:
we had a raffle entry (with ALL of the money going to the bride for whatever she wanted/needed), address your own Thank You (making the bride's life easier), and game score card pick-up
informative signs: "Help the Bride by filling in a few lines"; and "Keep BERRY CAREFUL track of your score"
And I promise you I did not put that frame around the "Thank you Berry Much" board like that. It must have been shifted to its photographed state and will forever be categorized as that awkwardly framed chalk board at Courtney's bridal shower.  Anyway...the party favor was Strawberry Jam. Delish. 

The Menu:
Berries, fruit salsa and cinna chips, cream-cheesed filled strawberries (thank you Little Lindsey!), all to use to one's chocolate fountain dipping pleasure, muffins, and ham&egg cups- which were divine (and never got pictured). Brianna was captain of the food department and she did a lovely job!!!

Everyone Mixed and Mingled and enjoyed the good food:
and really was that not good food or was that not good food????

and Brianna was cute and pregnant (I just got a text from her saying that she's at the hospital workin' on birthing a baby. YAYYY!) and my Mom was telling some sort of awesome story, I'm sure. 
Games Games Games:
As guests mingled, they checked out this display of some of Courtney's photos and had to guess her age in each photo. If you were within 2months or 2 years you got 1/2 point, if you got the age correct you got 1 point (or something like that, I can't remember exactly how I worked the point system the day of)
pardon my awkwardness. But this is all I have with the Wedding Jeopardy board in the background. Did you miss that, we played a fun, quick round of "Wedding Jeopardy" filled with questions about Courtney, Courtney&Addam, Wedding Potpourrie, and some other category that I can't put my finger on at the moment. Humunuh, I'm doing a great job at this summer recap. Good thing that I made the board and wrote all the categories and questions and can't even remember what I did...Memory, why have you left me?
Prizes for the games: Bath'n' Body Works goodies (lucky that they were having a huge sale at the time). And the grand prize winner for the raffle was a gift card towards a "Spa Day". I PROMISE and cross my heart that the raffle was not rigged in any way. In fact, I couldn't have been more surprised and happy that Brianna won the raffle! too funny. She used the gift card for a well-deserved eight months pregnant facial. :)

We finished with a video of Addam answering questions that were equal parts hilarious and informative. If Courtney guessed his answer correctly, she got to open one of her gifts. If she got it wrong, we took a dollar out of her monies from the raffle jar. (but we gave it all back to her at the end, 'cause we're nice like that)

Overall, we think it turned out great! I wish I had taken photos of all the little details put into the decor that only I would notice. After finishing last semester I had a huge crafty itch that was begging to be scratched, and planning and throwing this shower did the trick. Thanks for being my partner in crime, Brianna (who will be a mother very soon and who will have a perfect lil' baby shower in her honor in a few more weeks- still waiting to know the whole boy/girl thing before I send those invites out) and thank you, Courtney, for being beautiful and wonderful and getting married! 
hmm, never knew that I was the tallest. Yeehaw- I'm the tallest!!!
the end.
...until I remember something else and throw that detail in at random...
nighty night!

oh and...the day before Courtney and now hubby Addam moved back up to Provo, I finally finished their wedding gift:
I think it turned out great!

1 comment :

Courtney said...

So thank you for writing this post!! I saw this and liked it so I stole it from you and it is now on my blog also :) hehe.