Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Oh dear, what have I done?

So I sent this email out to the Robbins family last night, and I think it's pretty funny and want it in our "blog book". And because if you Robbins are trying to ignore my funny, but completely serious and sincere, email then maybe you'll stumble across it on the blog!!! I believe the phrase, "two birds with one stone" is applicable here.
It would be helpful to mention that I'm the primary chorister for our ward. It's fun and exhausting and stressful, but mostly fun. For those of you that don't know what a primary chorister is: I teach and lead the songs in church for the children ages 3-12.
Without further ado: 
Hi everyone,
Remember that one family home evening this summer when we sang "Families Can Be Together Forever" and after the lesson I had a "Big Announcement" and you got all excited thinking it was going to be something really exciting, but then I let you all down by asking you to sing "Families Can Be Together Forever" in River Mountain Ward's primary program and now most of you think I'm crazy? :)
For those of you that weren't there or left early that particular evening, now you know what happened if you hadn't already heard. And for those that were there and didn't think I was serious about it because nothing else has been said about it since, this email is sitting in your inbox to make all of your worst dreams come true! :) I haven't sent a reminder/heads up sooner because 1- I'm a procrastinator. 2- In my mind, doing something like this isn't all that crazy because my [Stolworthy] family sings all the time. So it didn't really hit me that this family needs some convincing. 3- If I gave you too long to think about it, you all would come up with excellent reasons to not show up. So, I feel this 6 day heads up is a perfect amount of time. :)
I know you think I'm crazy, but here are some of my thoughts:
1) Our primary presidency really wanted this song in the program, and they wanted a family in the ward to sing it. Having already asked several different families to sing other songs for the program, they didn't know who they could/should ask.
2) I know this group isn't all for the singing and show choirs, but: having been an "outsider looking in" at this big ol' Robbins family basically my whole life up until two years ago, I have often thought how unique [and large] and truly amazing this family is! So when the question was posed to me if I could think of a family to sing, I immediately imagined what an awesome sight it would/could be to have as many of the Robbins group as possible up on the stand singing those powerful yet simple words.
3) There is power in numbers! I know most of you are not willing to stand up and sing in front of a crowd, but if a good portion of you show up, it won't be nearly as scary. So if you are one of the awesome people that do come to sing, and your family ends up being the only family up there, you can't get mad at me. :) Blame your siblings that didn't bring their family.

So here's what I'm asking/begging/pleading/wishing:

The program is THIS SUNDAY, September 18th. Sacrament meeting starts at 1:00p.m. I would love to have everyone be able to come, and everyone sing- Grandpa and GrandmaJune, parents, children, even the littlest ones that don't really talk yet. I know that that will be hard for those that already meet at 9:00a.m.
But here's the thing for those that don't want to go to a second meeting that day: you won't be sitting through another sacrament meeting filled with high council speakers or nervous teenagers [ not that I don't enjoy those talks]. It's the PRIMARY PROGRAM and all the kids are cute and fun to watch and it's always entertaining when that one kid totally yells in the mic and kills everybody's ears. Right? Right?
So, please please please PLEASE PLEASE: won't ya'll come sing with me? Well, I'll be playing the piano because my pianist said that song is tricky to play and she didn't have time to practice it. Which is fine. I just won't be singing with you. Remember power in numbers? 
I will make copies of the song for all of the adults. I will come to your house and practice with your family if you request. Or, you know, you could just sing through it (first verse only- how nice am I???) during prayer and scripture time each night the next few days.

So.....do I have you all convinced to come??? If everybody could respond letting me know if your family will or will not be there, it would be much appreciated [if you feel it necessary, feel free to inform me that you think I am ridiculous as well]. I left out Dan&Mel and Wayne&Dina, obviously because they don't live down here. I included Scott&Finis because I know they will be here this weekend. mwahahaha

And I think that's all I have to say for now...
I look forward to receiving all of your lovely responses!!!! :)

-Giulia
(please don't hate me after this)

2 comments :

CHris Stolworthy said...

I'll come play it for you if you want to sing with the rest of the Robbins clan. Just say the word.

C Stolworthy said...

Actually that comment was from CONNIE Stolworthy - darn that Chris for using my computer and not signing himself out afterwards!!