Friday, September 16, 2011

Summer 2011 Wrap sei: Cabin Time

For 24th of July weekend we headed up to Joseph's family's cabin somewhere in Kolob. 
I've posted a few pictures from that already. 
Lots of just hangin' out and enjoying each other's company. 
David and I left pretty early Sunday morning because I was singing in church at 1. Funny story time (well, it's funny now). When I woke up, David was nowhere to be found. After searching the cabin high and low and not finding his body, I went outside to find that our car was gone as well. Once I calmed down and got over the crazy thoughts that were something along the lines of David being held hostage somewhere (oh the mind of a helpless wife at 6:00a.m. with no cell service and no car in a place she hasn't been before), I figured he was probably just gone fishin'. I tried going back to sleep but to no avail. I had got myself too worked up to be able to fall asleep plus I wasn't really sure if he was fishin'. What if something really terrible had happened and none of us knew? Definitely no sleep with all those thoughts.  So I sat on the couch and read. And I was livid. Mad because he didn't tell me where he went, mad because he didn't invite me (how rude!), and mad because I couldn't fall back asleep and I really wanted to sleep some more! Well, David comes in around 7:30, sees my face and asks me whats up. After unloading on him, he explains to me that he did wake me up and told me he was going fishing and asked if I wanted to come and I told him no. This upset me even more because, to this day, I had no recollection of him waking me up that morning. The joke was on me and my morning grogginess I guess. But Honey, next time leave a note!!!
so in love with this face!
boom baby!
some King of the Pole action
a simple game: last person on the pole wins
horseshoes! Team D&G won one round. Round two was boys v girls. The girls were ahead, but sadly lost in the end. It was close though! (and G never did get showered or dressed after Insanity that day. yum. Yes she made sure she got her Insanity on for the two nights they were there.woot!)
the face of a winner. ;)
Also, the boys went fishin'. Felicia and I drove around the whole reservoir trying to find and meet up with them, but our paths never crossed. Long story short: it was one of those things where if you went ten more feet before turning around you would have found what you were looking for. :) But it was a nice drive and we had a nice talk.
Also, Chelsie and Mame were there, even though by looking at these pictures you would think they weren't.
the end.

No comments :