Thursday, June 16, 2011

What Happened to the Month of May?

I had been looking forward to, preparing for, and anticipating the month of May for a long time. And then it finally came, and then it was gone before I had time to catch my breath. 
1st week of May: Finals. Veni. Vidi. Vici. Booyah!
1st weekend: Ashley's Wedding!!!!
LA getaway video coming (hopefully)
I was real busy running around doing this and that, so I don't really have any "Wedding Pictures" except these from the reception clean-up.


and oh! I just downloaded these! Thanks Ashley for being super awesome and making them available in digital format as well. :)


Because the next weekend was Erin's wedding, and the week in between was my week off from school before summer terms started up, and I wanted to spend some time with some special people that I don't get to see that often anymore, I didn't want to drive back down to Vegas just turn around and head north and back again 5 days later. So I stayed in Utah county for a few days hanging out with these guys.
...See below...
:D
His little snow boots were killing me.
The camera flash messed with coloring.
They look blue in the pic, but I swear to you they are purple!
Too funny.






Corrine and Gid after a fun bike ride to Andy and Jenelle's building property.
And then I journeyed to Idaho to see Paige!!! (and Geoff)
Paige (pictured above right) is more like another sister to me rather than just a cousin. We both got hitched when we were really young (not that we're old now), and now she's having a baby!!! I just can't get over it. People my age are having babies. 
Nothing too exciting was planned. We just hung out, got her baby stuff organized, and got our craft on making cute hair bows and shoes (yes, shoes!) for her little one.

Thanks for letting me stay and play you two. And Geoff, thank you for your delicious Pizza and Calzone. If you're ever in the Idaho Falls area or somehow manage to wander into Roberts, ID- you need to stop and eat at Lucy's!!!! 
P.S. Happy Belated Birthday Paige!
remember when your nick-name was Tacky?weird...haha.
Sharing the reclining chair. Watching something on Netflix. Eating cookie dough. Perfect girls night!
(excuse my awkward face) 
After Idaho I made my way down to SLC on Friday afternoon. I spent the night with Grandmama. :) I loved getting to talk with her. Thanks Grandmama, Bridgette, and boys, for making me feel so welcome! 

Grandmama found out that I had never been to Golden Corral, and was determined to fix that flaw in my dining history. I sent David this picture...
...and he was super jealous. Sorry honey! :)

Saturday morning I picked up David and my mom from the airport and then we headed down to the valley for Erin's Wedding.

2nd weekend: Erin's Wedding
Another cousin that's more like a sister than a cousin. 
So happy for you Erin and Matt!
video coming (hopefully)


While we were in Provo, we went over and grabbed the scoot from Joseph and Felicia.

 These are from our little test drive/ joy ride.


video coming

After Erin's Wedding festivities were done, we packed everything up- scooter and luggage in the bed, and Mama in the backseat,- and headed back to the heat. 

Then my summer classes started. I've stayed busy with those and piano lessons. 

For Memorial Day we went to Panaca for Miss Ch's graduation. David loves going home, so thank you Chelsie for giving us a good reason to spend the money on gas to get there! I managed to not get a picture of us with her. In fact, I managed to not take any pictures the majority of the weekend. Woops! Luckily David had some on his phone.
video coming (hopefully)

Saturday was filled with lots of basketball, sunshine, and watching Zach's softball games in Caliente. We also checked out J&J's Fast Food Joint and Kershaw-Ryan State Park. It was a fun day.

That night we went fishing at Echo Lake and I beat David in the number of fish caught. muahahaha.

The last one I got swallowed the hook, so we didn't want to throw him back out to just have him die. So we (and when I say we, I mean David) cleaned the fish and took it back to the house. Fried him up, and ate him. It was pretty tasty! :) 

Saturday night/Sunday morning it rained and rained. The temperature dropped about 35 degrees. It was interesting going from shorts and sunburns to hoodies and freezing noses. Sunday after church we all drove around exploring the fun spots around Panaca- white cave, cathedral gorge, and the spring. We went for a fun, COLD, four-wheeler ride and then rode around the sand dunes and back home.
we were freezing. :)

I should mention that we brought and pitched our tent in the front yard. And we loved it!!! We knew that lots of people would be in the house, so we decided to bring our own home away from home. It was perfect.

Monday morning David was super duper nice and took ALL the boys fishing. He showed them who was boss and caught the fattest fish of the day. It really was huge! But he didn't get a picture. :/ 

Monday before heading home, we took these two shooting.

After tearing up the targets we made, they started going for anything that moved. Birds, lizards, rabbits. They got lots of lizards.

Funniest story: David had an empty water bottle that he filled with sand and using that as "clay pigeon" for Prest to shoot at. Then they switched and David had the shotgun while Prest was throwing up the bottle. The shotgun kept misfiring. Except at one point Quinton points to the ground at David's right and shouts, "Lizard!!!" Without hesitating, David turned and shot and nailed the poor little guy dead on. The one other time D was able to get the shotgun to fire is when he spotted another lizard, shot at it, and ended up getting two lizards off the one shot spread. lol. After that, the two boys were all for driving further up wash and shooting the plethora of lizards. Oh geeze. It was pretty funny sitting in the cab and listening to the two boys outside. Good times.  
And then we went home with Preston and Quinton in tow. I think that was the fastest, most fun ride home from Panaca that I've ever had. Thanks boys!
 

And that's what happened in the Month of May.
:)

No comments :