Wednesday, June 8, 2011

{Summer Lovin' Series}...

{Summer Lovin' Series}
I realize that I have not fully documented our love story. Sorry to all of you that have been anxiously waiting for it to be in a typed format. Oh wait, no one wants to read about us and our gushiness? Well, too bad! I'm putting it up here because I want it all written down and printed with the rest of the blog. And summer is the best time to do this because we can reminisce about our summer romance 2 years ago. (2 years???what???) What's even better is that as we think about our summer love story, we can go and do the same things/dates we did then, and take pictures this time!!!! Is that a weird thing to do? I think it would be fun. Please don't think I'm super strange. :)
Without further ado, I present: Team D&G's Summer Lovin' Series. To start, we'll re-post what David wrote for our wedding blog back in November '09.


Love story… David’s Version
So on March 24, 2009, I had a long plane flight home from Australia. During that flight home I had lots and lots of time to do a lot of thinking about all kinds of stuff….. Most of it was how much I already missed my mission and all the experiences I had while I was there. But on that flight I also set many goals for the future, and one was to not really get into the dating scene. I wanted to get a good job, start making pretty good money, and get quite a bit of schooling out of the way before I started seriously dating somebody.
Soon enough I was finally home with all my family and I was trying to figure out what I should do with my life. I really needed a job and my Uncle Lonney said I could come back and work for him in Henderson. So I thought about it for a couple weeks while looking for other jobs. I found what I wanted to do. It was wildland fire fighting during the summer. I saw I could make a really good amount of money. A lot more than I could working with my uncle ( Uncle Lonney, I loved working for you =) ). I thought it would be perfect. There was one opening for me. While applying I did not have a good feeling about it. I continued to pray about it for a couple days and felt I needed to go to Henderson. I am so happy I did =)
Before I came to Henderson, I kept telling my mom the biggest reason why I didn’t really want to go. I knew that all of my aunts down there were all wanting to set me up on dates and all that. “Mom, I am not dating!” I was so set and determined not to.
As soon as I got moved down to Henderson, sure enough there were a few females that wanted to set me up with somebody. I just kept telling them I wasn’t ready for that social arena quite yet. And that is how it stayed… for a bit ;)
My first weekend in Henderson my Uncle Joe invited me to go to the lake with him and his family in his nice boat. It was a blast. During that trip he said that I could take his boat out any time I wanted. I told him I might take him up on that sometime. Thanks Joe =)
After being in Henderson for a little while I found out my cousin Courtney was speaking in her ward. I decided to go surprise her because I had not seen her since I got back to the United States. So I worked my way into church and found a spot by Courtney’s family. I sat down and looked up on the stand to spot Courtney. The first person I saw when I looked up was this gorgeous looking girl, and it was like I saw light about her. I got all of these feelings I don’t know how to explain. I couldn’t stop looking at her. I found out that her name was Sister Stolworthy. Then I kept telling myself, “Come on David. What are you doing? You don’t have or want an interest in girls right now.” After sacrament I talked to Courtney for a minute and told her good job. Then I was out in the hall with my Uncle Randy and Aunt Mer (also in the same ward) and they were talking to one of their friends. All of a sudden Randy (Turner) asked his friend “Hey, do you know anybody my nephew can date?” His friend looked at me and I started to shake my head “no” because, as previously stated, I was set on NOT dating. ANYONE. Then his friend said, “Hey, you could date one of the Stolworthy girls.” I shook my head no again and said “No, that’s ok.” But deep down inside, as soon as he said the name Stolworthy, I swear my heart skipped a beat!
After church I went home and did stuff with my family. Later that day I received a text from Courtney asking if I wanted to come to her house to play foursquare. I said sure, then she informed me that her friend Giulia was going to be there as well. I was trying to figure out if I knew Giulia, because I have met some of Courtney’s friends in the past. Nope. Giulia didn’t ring a bell. So I said “oh well it will be fun”. But really deep down, I was so hoping it was this Sister Stolworthy I saw in church!
It came time to go down to Court’s house and play. While I was driving there I was so excited and a little nervous and had butterflies because maybe this Giulia was that gorgeous girl I saw earlier in that day. I get out of my car and opened up the gate and saw Rob, Courtney, Trevor, and and and GIULIA. It was her! It was her! It was her! At that moment it felt like my heart started pounding fifty times faster and the butterflies were out of control! Soon the game started and the whole time I couldn’t stop taking glimpses of her. At one moment we were in line together and she turned around and said “Hi, I am Giulia by the way.” In my head, I was like, “David speak, spit it out, you know your name.” I said I was David and then Courtney, in her ever-cheerful voice said, “Sorry, I thought you two already met.” I don’t think we said anything else that night. [The competition was fierce, there was no time for talking.] When I went home that night I couldn’t get over her. She was all I was thinking about. And the one feeling that hit me hard was that it was like I already knew her. Like I knew her my whole life, but I have never met her before.
The next day I tried changing my feelings. I kept telling myself this isn’t what I wanted. I didnt want to date, not one bit, and I needed to get over these feelings. But during the whole week I couldn’t get this Giulia girl out of my head.
Next Sunday evening we played foursquare again and after that aggravation too. During the game I went to give Giulia a high five for something she did during the game ( you can read it in her version ) and she punched my hand away. It felt so good cause we touched for the first time. During that game I think we both knew there was a little bit of a connection between both of us. I think she caught me eyeing her a lot and I caught her doing the same all throughout the game. After the game was over it was time to go home. We walked out the door and I realized she didn’t have a car. So I offered her a ride and took her home. Nothing magical happened. Just the usual, “Thanks for the ride”, “No problem”, and a “See you later”.
Later that week all my walls that I put up came tumbling down. ( bytheway, have you ever heard the song, “Halo”, by Beyonce. We [D&G] like that song.) I wanted to know everything about Giulia. I ended up going to Court’s house during that week to talk A LOT. And all the talk was about Giulia. I think it was on one of those nights when I got her number =) Thanks Courtney.
Soon we, D&G, got to talking and one time the subject about Tyson’s party came up. I knew Giulia was planning on going. I said I would like to go but didn’t want to go by myself. Honestly, I could have cared less to go to the party. I was just trying to find some reason to be with this amazing girl I was falling hard for. We decided that she would pick me up and we went. On the way there Giulia discovered David didn’t know how to drive a stick. No joke, I honestly didn’t. I think some people don’t believe me. But I really didn’t. I never grew up with a vehicle that was a manual.
Anyway, after the party we decided that G was going to teach D how to drive a stick. Just like Giulia said, that was one of the most fun and memorable nights of my life. We talked and talked and talked and laughed and laughed and laughed all night long. After I went home that night I received a text from Giulia saying how much her cheeks hurt. I can’t remember what I sent back, but I remember texting her until I fell asleep and then woke up continuing the conversation that we fell asleep to the night before. We did that for days and nights after that. It was like our conversation never ended for a couple weeks. Every second we could, we were texting, talking, or were with each other.
During one of our conversations, I told Giulia that my Uncle Joe told me I could use his boat anytime I wanted. I think this made Giulia happy. I told her I would take her sometime. She said, “Does this mean we are friends?” I said, “Most definitely”…… PS, I still tease her that the only reason she wanted to be my friend is because I had connections to a boat =)
Sometime during all of this, I talked to my sister Felicia on the phone, and I mentioned a bit about Giulia. And she said, “Wait. Giulia Stolworthy? Keith’s sister?” I said, “Yeah, why?” She then talked about how she wanted Giulia to write me while I was on my mission. She talked about how she met her a few times (while she was living in Henderson) when a bunch of people went to Keith’s house to watch a movie or something like that. So that was pretty crazy that my sister all ready met this Giulia and thought we would make the perfect pair. WE SURE DO!!! =)
After I started hanging out with this girl and talking to her all the time, I couldn’t help but smile… all the time. I was the happiest that I have ever been in my life! It is like a happiness I didn’t know existed. And every time I received a text from her, I had the biggest smile on my face. Everyone always knew when I had a message from Giulia just by the grin on my face. =)
Now that happiness grows more and more everyday. The closer I get to Giulia, the happier I become. Just think how happy I will be when we are both eighty. =)
Every moment that we could be together we were. Our time together (before we were “together” if that’s what you want to call it) consisted of stick driving, stick driving, stick driving (I guess I needed a lot of practice), foursquare, me getting beat in horse, lay ups, one-on-one, rock climbing, watching movies at Court’s house, playing pranks on Rob, frozen yogurt nights, running through sprinklers, and talking, and laughing, and talking, and laughing….. A lot.

Tune in throughout the summer to catch the rest of our story! 

No comments :