Monday, June 13, 2011

{Summer Lovin' Series}...Team D&G Beginnings...

{Summer Lovin' Series}
I'm not sure how much more writing I'll get out of David, because you have to admit, that was quite a bit before. So, you'll probably be hearing more about our story from my point of view here on out because it's hard for D to just sit at a computer for extended periods of time (more than 15 minutes).

Some thoughts that have been brewing for a while:

What I love about our love story is that we have a bit of everything in it, minus a dramatic break-up. Your cliche "love at first sight": as soon as we saw each other the first time we both knew something was there. The quickly "falling head over heels" speedy romance: once things finally got going, we never could get enough of each other- we just love(d) being with one another no matter what we we're doing. "Choose who you love; love your choice": this is one of my all-time favorite quotes from President Monson (I'm pretty sure it's him that said it) and I think that, although we had the love at first sight and whirlwind romance going on, we also had a choice to make. Both of us had other plans for the future, and it could have been easy to either stick to OUR OWN plans and avoid each other, or blow everything off as it just being a summer fling and go on our separate paths come August. Instead we each took our time and prayerfully came to the conclusion that we were choosing to love one another, even though love and marriage was something that both of us were wanting to hold off on for a few more years. We've been married, sealed to one another, for not just time and death do you part, but for time and ALL ETERNITY. This decision was a relatively easy one because we both chose to love each other, and we both promised to love our choice, forever. How simple and beautiful is that?
I hate hearing stories about couples falling out of love. Love has become so dramatized, Hollywoodized, that society doesn't know what love between husband and wife is anymore. Choose your love, love you choice. Committed. No excuses. Simple, perfect. 


Is there anyone else out there who, about 6 months after their sealing ceremony, realized what a big deal that ceremony and those covenants are??? Not that I thought a marriage covenant was an easy, breezy, nonchalant, item of business. The seriousness of what I committed myself to just hit me hard one day, and I was like "Whoazaaa!" But it also made my cup overflow with joy because I have David by my side. In my opinion, you can't find someone better than my David. I am one lucky, lucky girl to have caught his eye. 

No comments :