Monday, January 30, 2012

The Kapps

I was asked to play the piano for a Women's Conference held down here on Saturday. The speakers were Sister Ardeth Kapp and her husband. 
They were great!!! It was such a good conference. I'm so glad I was asked to play, otherwise, I doubt I would have gone. :/
blurry, but you get the idea...
From Brother Kapp: "Life is supposed to be a challenge. We were sent here, essentially, to get the tar kicked out of us. If you're lacking some trials in your life, maybe you should go home and pray for some." har har har.
What do we need to do during challenges? Keep a heart of cheer.
We choose our own heart. 
From Sister Kapp, things that have me thinking:
What is the earnest desire of your heart?
Do you know your heart?
Do you listen to your heart?
Do you realize who you are?
We need to Ponder about, Pray for, and Prune our hearts.
These two were a bunch of jokesters, but this one from Sister Kapp had me giggling for a while:
During a conversation with a younger woman about finding a worthy and righteous man, and wondering how Sister Kapp found a man like that [Brother Kapp]? 
Sister Kapp's response: I didn't find him like that!?


No comments :