Friday, June 29, 2012

Where I come from

The other night we did dinner and dessert in the backyard around the fire. We stayed outside (it was a surprisingly enjoyable night, not swassy hot!) and talked and talked. At one point the conversation turned to how awesome I think my grandparents are. And I how I hope to be like my Grandma Young if I live as long as she has. Photobucket 
She's such a great example of hard work and service. She and Grandpa (he's great too) have served two missions together, she volunteers at the hospital, she works in the temple, they have an awesome garden, she almost always has a quilt up that she's working on to give to one of her many grandkids, and she shovels the snow in the winter, among other things. 
I'm so proud of my family heritage and so grateful for the wonderful people I have to look up to and model my life after. And I can't wait for the Young Reunion in July!!!! and so sad to be missing the Stolworthy reunion this saturday :(  [ i'm at girls camp right now, remember?]

1 comment :

Rachel said...

YOU WERE MISSED! Your mom is amazing, so I didn't doubt that her parents totally rock, too!