Tuesday, October 25, 2011

{Tipful Tuesdays}...Basa Body

As observant Lindsey pointed out, there was nothing tipful here the last week. Woops! I drafted a title for this post with the intent of writing about it later. Oh that later, it gets me all the time.
So I guess I'll write about it for reals now and re-post it for tomorrow's Tipful Tuesday.
post-publish note: I told it to post tomorrow, but for whatever reason, it still posted. meh. Let's just pretend it's Tuesday, mmk?
Let's begin...
So mini story about what just happened. I ran to the basa body website to provide the link, and shoot. They have a video up there that explains everything way better than I can. Check it out! No really, you should, because I'm not going to write about it when it's a whole lot easier for me to just send you to the video.
K, so you watched that one-minute video, yah (did you miss the link?)? Good. Now I'll tell which product I buy and why I love it. (I would buy everything if budget would permit.)
The body stick is where it's at ya'll!
I use it as chapstick. 
I use it when I have a cold and my nose and surrounding skin tends to get rubbed raw from the constant blowing of the shnoz. 
I use it as a face moisturizer when I don't have my regular stuff easily on hand.
I use it on my dry knuckles and wrists (the result of almost-constant hand-washing).
I use it on rashes (but you don't want to know more details about said rashes, trust me).
I use it as hemorrhoid creme. (just kidding. Young Family joke.)
I get dry spots on my arms when the weather/seasons change. No amount of lotion or vaseline or oil has ever come close to working as well on those bad boys as this coconut oil in stick form does. 
I used it on Miss Priss's wind-burned face this summer and it worked like a gem. 
Why I love it:
besides the awesome company,
I feel like the oil really sinks in to my skin and works, instead of just covering a problem for a few hours (like vaseline or lotion). 
Also, lip-wise, I feel like chapsticks leave me needing more and more chapstick more frequently. Like there's some addictive ingredient in it or something. Or it just fades off real fast without doing much besides keeping them temporarily moist. 
With vaseline I feel like it just attracts the sun to my lips and burns them. humunuh. Plus I feel like vaseline always migrates off my lips and ends up all over my face. The body stick doesn't migrate, but if it did, I wouldn't mind.
Oh my trusty coconut oil. I slid some on this morning around 8:00a.m., and as I'm rubbing my pout together while typing right this second, I can tell you that my pretty lips are still smooth and soft.
ignore the running tank. I'm not being scandalous, promise.
It comes in a 1.5 oz and 2.5oz (i think).
Pictured above is the 1.5 oz stick. The diameter is a bit bigger than a quarter. 
Funny story: I'm so used to having this as my chapstick and getting all my lippage in one swipe (top and bottom at the same time) that if ever, on the rare occasion, that I use a normal sized tube of chapstick, it feels extremely foreign to have to swipe the stuff one lip at a time.
k, I'm rambling now. bye!
like this! one swipe!
Now, if I were really cool, I'd provide you with one of those promocodes. "Use TEAMD&G at checkout and get 20% off!"
Sadly, I am not that cool.
Sorry to disappoint! (don't try that fake code. I promise you, it will not work.)

3 comments :

LiNdSeY said...

What's the tip?!!? It's blank.... :(

Jose said...

Yes. Love that stuff. It worked wonders on Miss Priss!

Jose said...

And again... It's Felicia