Friday, October 28, 2011

Oh October!

Where did October go?
I refuse to believe that it's almost November. 
We have but a few pictures that explain what we (mostly David) have been up to all.month.long.

 From David's phone:
 two brothers snuggled in the truck trying to keep warm.
The first week of his hunt was miserable, so I'm told. Couldn't find the deer. Super fun weather. Freak hail/snow storms. And did I mention couldn't find any deer?








Week 2 of the hunt, Giulia was the hunter's chauffeur. She lovingly drove him all the way up on Tuesday. Camped and hiked the mountains all day long with him and Zach on Wednesday. Then drove him back home LATE Wednesday night. D left for work at 3:00a.m. Giulia had to be at work by 6:00a.m. Thursday was a long day for both.
from Giulia's phone:
home away from home?
Star-gazing. I really only took two pictures? I'm dumb sometimes. 

Third and final week we finally saw some results:
David and Dad's (Scott) bucks.
the mighty hunter! rawr.
"D and his guide" (Zach) packin' it out.
If I was in the writing mood, I'd tell ya'll the stories....
hmm....nope. Not in the mood. I have costumes to sew.
But I guess this is a good time for me to explain my view about a few things hunting:
1) hunting is an expensive hobby. indeed. But I've grown up with it, and it just is what it is.
2) "You want to kill Bambi???" To that never-ending question with the shocked face this is our response: I don't want to shoot Bambi. I'm hunting for Bambi's Grandpa. (David's words. not mine) Translation: We wouldn't shoot a doe or the baby deer (Bambi or his mother). The big [old] boys is where it's at!
3) [licensed and legal] Hunting is a great way to manage, and strengthen, wildlife populations.
4) Male-bonding time to the max. I love hearing all of the boys' stories. And I love LOVE love that David got to spend so much time with his brothers, especially Zach.
5) meat that you harvest yourself (i.e. deer, elk, etc.) is WAY better for you than anything you can buy at the store. 

evidence of the strange weather experienced this month:
This is outside the chiropractor's office. David walked in the door not one second after a huge crack of lightning hit this poor thing. 

and oh yah, this is Carlos:
he deserves his own post. one day.
in other news....
A few days ago we took these two to feed the ducks (and inevitably the fish as well) down at the marina.
they had a blast! (and so did we)





in front of a haunted boat by the dock!
Also...
Last night was spent freezing our tooshies off at "The Meadows School" for Prest's football game. 

Not a good picture, I know. I should probably crop and zoom in, yes. 
He's #32 and he's walking toward the sideline all tough-like after getting the tackle. woot woot!
And yes, he's the wittle freshman on varsity. Following his brothers' footsteps he is. 
Funny story time: We get in the car to head to the game. David turns to me with his hands and fingers stretched outward in a g-like fashion. with his two (2. yes, TWO!) huge State Champ football rings on and yells, "Are you ready for some Lincoln football???" or something like that, I really can't remember exactly what he said.  
He then chuckled to himself while taking off the rings and explaining, "I just really wanted to say that." 

look for our costume debut tomorrow! (who am I kidding, those pics probably won't get up here 'til next week....or month...)

No comments :