Tuesday, March 1, 2011

February Sweep

This month went by so fast, I couldn't keep up [on the blog]. Quick review of what we were up to the last two weeks or so [not including school or work].
Dallin's baptism and getting our phones all switched to our own account. How strange, we're big kids now with our own phone bill (instead of still being on our parents' plans. )
1. After finally finalizing our phone plans and heading back to join the party for the Dallin.
2. Making sure David was in bed whilst I stayed up late sewing...

...sewing these cute aprons for these cute girls...
Saw this guy play some ball. He's the rock star of the team, but also the biggest team player. Way to be Prest! And I found out my phone doesn't take the best action shots, so this is the only non-blurry picture I have, because they're all just waiting for the foul shots. 


Had a super fun dinner and game night at Tyler and Cory's with Milan and Brianna....and took no pictures. Woops!

Was the lucky one who got to have Miss Priss all to herself for a few hours.



Journeyed out to Raising Cane's with Joe, Feesh, and Miss Amelia. One too many hilariously embarrassing stories were shared. 

Did some landscaping.


Let's be honest, David did most of the work while I supervised. Rocks cleared out (I always complained about how I was going to twist an ankle one of these days tip toeing through that mess in the dark or in high heels.), trailer gone!, dirt raked, paver stones put down. It will be a work in progress for a while, so when it's done I'll put up a finale photo.

Finally did our $20 date as per the Ladies losing this night. A not so typical "Dinner & Movie" date.


We did our best to dress up with what we had as "red" and "blue" gnomes. I made our hats 10 minutes before leaving using my mini stapler. David's was paper because that's the only blue material we had. And mine was cut out from an old red shirt and structured with crafting wire that I had in my odds and ends box. And, try as I might, I could not get him to let me make his cheeks extra rosy.


I like him. 




Had our second Date of the Month with "The Club" for February.....no pictures once again. Woops! But we had fun and got to make a few more friends. Look at us, being all social and stuff. (Another "New Year's thang")

And on the very last day of the month we had a little dinner outside at the fire pit. Yum! We have been wanting to do this for weeks, but it seemed that every night we were both home and could do it, the weather was terrible- i.e. freakish wind storms. But tonight was perfect. Just cold enough to snuggle close to the fire and enjoy being outside together. A lovely way to end the "Love Month".

Trying and never succeeding to get a picture of us and the fire. Oh well...

And David didn't want us to shower when we came inside so that we could snuggle and still smell the wood smoke while falling asleep. MMMmmmm. Who else loves the smell of a good campfire?

Oh and it is worth mentioning that the chipmunks have been thoroughly evicted. Grandpa is super clever and set up a trap where only the chipmunks inside the house could be trapped. One by one six little balls of fluff came out during the day. And one by one Grandpa relocated them to the desert.

And... in a half hour the month of March will be here! Not that I'm biased or anything, but I must say it is one of my favorite months. Bring on Spring 2011!

3 comments :

Felicia said...

Ok was he willing to dress up for the movie? Lol Love it. So Fun! There is no way in this world that I would ever get Joseph do to such a thing. Maybe, just maybe for Harry Potter, but only because he loves those. Joseph pointed out that you forgot to mention our lovely dinner date at that one delicious place.:) Thanks again for watching Miss Priss.

giulia said...

He was, he was. He even asked grandpa if he had suspenders and/or a vest. Hahaha. And I can't believe I didn't include our trip to raising Caines! Silly me. So sorry!

giulia said...

k, it's in there now. My good excuse is that we have no pictures, so I forgot to mention it.
...