Monday, July 30, 2012

July Adentures

Two weeks ago we headed North for the annual Young Reunion. This year it was held at a barn in Loa, Utah-  close to Capitol Reef. 
We weren't able to go to the party last year, so it was so nice to be able to see family again and play and have fun. Sadly, I did not take a single photo. Things I wish I had captured:
the girls (me, Paige, Tab, Erin, and Derity)
the little kids jumping from bed to bed to bed to bed to...up in the barn loft
crazy people (david and myself included) playing volleyball in the pouring rain
redneck slip'n'slide ( lined up the plastic topped picnic tables, add a little soap, run jump and slide)
"we are young" sing-a-long (we could give MoTab a run for their money...wait, do they have monies?)
I love this family so much and I am so blessed to be a part of it! 

After partying with the Youngs, David and I camped up at Fishlake. Oh, we did some fishing too. ;)
It was rainy on and off, but we still had fun. 
fishlake
We rented a boat and stayed out on the lake for as long as our rental time allowed.
david fishlake
The deal was if I had the biggest catch of the day, David had to eat the fish! (cooked by me)
If David had the biggest catch, I had to clean the fish. 
giulia fishlake
I don't know what happened because I gutted the fish, and David ate it too...bytheway, that fish was delish! David said if I cooked fish like that every time maybe he would eat more of it. 
Photobucket
Photobucket
My monster eating David's catch
The next day we turned South and took the scenic route back home.
We had to pull over and stare at this for a while
Photobucket
And then we continued on to Zion!
to hike this (Angel's Landing)
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
On our way up! About to tackle Walter's Wiggles
We made it to the top!

Photobucket
Yes, I realize that my clothing color selection is something to be desired. Reerr!
Photobucket
I sported braided piggy tails, per David's request. He always asks me to wear my hair like this, I don't know why, and I never do. So for this trip I decided to finally give him what he wanted.
  Photobucket
  On the way down the wiggles: 
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket 

Bucket List item check! 
Photobucket

No comments :