Monday, July 18, 2011

{Monday Confessional}

Confession: I have not cut my hair since November 2009. Ack!!! I haven't had it trimmed either. Terrible I know. If ever I see a bad patch of split ends, I grab that chunk of hair, take some scissors to it and call it good. Really terrible, I know. I think the only reason my hair has yet to break off at my ears is because 1) remember how I wash it only like 2 times a week??? 2) I can count on my two hands the number of times I've blow dried it the past 2.5 years. 3) I curl it mayyyybeeee once a week. Usually I wear it just straight or in some sort of ponytail, bun, or braid. 4) Minimal product usage.
So, see- it's really not all that terrible, is it? Sigh. it is, it is. I know, I know.
It's just that I don't live close to Andrea anymore and she's the only one I trust to cut my hair. (and I don't want to go to some salon down here and pay $80 for a stinkin' hair cut!!!)
Now that I've completely debunked any credentials I had for Hairy Thursday posts...
...let's move on to other hair related items of business:
I want to get bangs again. But in order to do this, I would, you know, have to go get my hair cut. Good thing though that David got me a groupon for a hair cut and deep condition treatment at Kaya salon...I just need to actually call and set up an appointment. But I'm having issues with doing that because I've never done such a thing before! The only people that have cut my hair are my mom and Ann, my cousin. Seriously folks, I'm having some serious psychological issues at work here. And they make me laugh at myself.
Anyway...I'm hoping that by posting this I will finally get my act together and make the phone call and get my hair taken care of.
But I want your opinion: Bangs or no?

5 comments :

Mer said...

I say try some bangs they always grow back out.

Brianna. said...

A girl I know named Aubrey Anderson does hair at Kaya. She did Brittini's for her wedding and it turned out super cute! And I love the lady that does my hair- I don't have the number though...I'll have to find it if your interested. Also- I love the bangs!

Kayla and Andrew said...

Haha, I was gonna tell you about the same girl Brianna did. And I could be wrong but I think Cameren Morger works (or worked) there too?

Good luck and thanks for being so sweet! I appreciate that comment you left me. :]

Brianna. said...

Kayla's right- I know that Cameron worked there as of last October, but I'm not sure if she still does. Shoot, I've always been so jealous of her hair! She gets the curls without the frizz.

C Stolworthy said...

As someone who had bangs for FORTY YEARS I am glad to be done with them and never want them back. You always have to do something with them and then when you grow them back out when you decide you are tired of doing something with them they are extremely annoying. But Mer's right - they do grow back out when you are tired of them...