Thursday, July 14, 2011

{Hairy Thursday}

I just did this one day to keep my hair out of my face and off my neck on a hot windy Sunday. Because, do you want to know what it feels like in southern Nevada when it's hot and windy?  Stick your face in front of a hair dryer and you'll pretty much get the gist of it. The day before my first attempt at this new do, I worked on Mrs. Baker's hair for their [4th] Wedding reception/open house party. I don't have a picture of that [not yet, but hopefully I can find one and put it up here shortly], but Ashley wanted her hair swept to the side in a messy bun. Well, her hair is short, and there wasn't much to work with, and I couldn't get all of it to go the side. So I twisted it all together at the nape of her neck moving it all to the right side and then did a little messy rosette bun. Voila! We think it turned out super cute [you'll just have to use your imagination until I get a picture up]. Anyway, as I was saying, I think that's what inspired the idea for this creation.
I think I shall call it the "outie nape braid". Any better suggestions are welcome. :)

And...it would appear that this is the only pic we have. Can't really see the actual hair "do". But oh well! We're cute! (especially me, who had not yet done my hair or make-up.humunuh.)

2 comments :

Megan is Chuck. Chuck is Megan. said...

I think this hairstyle is darling. I really need to do it for my own long, super thick hair. My question, is how do you do the "outie" braid?

giulia said...

I hope to have an explanation of the outie business up here shortly Miss Megan! :)