Friday, July 29, 2011

{Hairy Thursday}

no tutorial today. sorry! 
but really, a braiding series is in the works. 
For today's {Hairy Thursday}, I need to make a public vow to never wear my hair down for a wedding EVER AGAIN! 
The pictures always are outside, and it seems to always be windy. And my hair and face always look ridiculous. For example:
I look much better here sans make-up and not yet having touched my hair.
And then I always end up pulling my hair back in whatever possible way given however many resources I have (i.e. bobby pins and elastics)
I must admit that this is not the first time I've set myself up for the heat and wind to shed light on my ridiculousness on special days. Let us look to the past for pictorial proof:


 







Brianna's Wedding:
See me? In the back? With my hair blowing in my face!?
Between the temple and reception venue I pulled away the hairs that were stuck to my lips and eyelashes (and also grabbed a date (a handsome and charming one to boot!)

Dia's Wedding:
holding back the hair
out of the way and wrapped in a braid for the even windier, but absolutely lovely,  reception!
Paige's wedding!
shortness of hair! I got out of the shower and hopped in the car the morning of this Idaho wedding where I was subsequently wedged in the back seat between Regan (pictured above) my mom, ...and someone else. So, hair air dried on the drive (which you can't really pull off very well with short hair) and when we got to the temple I ran inside [wearing sweats], changed into "nice" clothes and put a braid in to hold back the bangs. ay yi yi yi yi!
Breezy's Wedding!!! Although this was a rather windy day, I don't look quite as ridiculous as I feel.
Erin's wedding:  I don't feel too ridiculous; however, the sunshine on my blonde hair is making me look like I have a sweet bald patch. Awesome.

At least for these two I got it right:
Keith and Keri wedding '08: a quick french twist
Daniel and Tricia wedding '09: hair done in the car on the way to the reception. while driving, just kidding.
Concluding thoughts:
1- That's a lot of wedding in two years! Wowza!
2- I now remember why I try to avoid pulling my hair up or to the side for wedding days. I feel like the bride will have a similar hair do and I don't want to step on her turf and have the same hair did!
3-So, sisters/friends/brides, are you happy? I allowed myself to look ridiculous so that I didn't risk copy-catting your hair! 
4- Luckily for Courtney's wedding I remembered that I never fair well with wedding pictures if my hair is down. Alas, I have no picture to prove that [yet]. 
5- I am tired and writing in a silly manner.
6- I'm on Facebook a lot more often now [the last week or so ish], and it's strange. I'm hardly ever on there! I don't know what happened to me. 
good night.

No comments :