Friday, January 14, 2011

Missed Assignments 2010

I finally uploaded all our photos and can now blog about them. Prepare yourself for an oversized post of what went down in Hendertown during 2010 that has not already been shared (and that I actually have pictures of. Plenty else happened, but this is all we have to document). Here goes:

D&G show off their matching PJ's from Christmas. 
Each year my mom gets the whole family a matching something or other (shirts, aprons...and for 2009 it was scrubs).  It was the "off year" for Christmas- meaning all the chilluns' was elsewhere. D&G were in Panaca. We usually get a fam pic of everyone in their new duds, and because that wasn't possible we decided to take this one for Mom (after the wedding, honeymoon, and once we were all moved into our cute little condo). So hereyago Mama- I really have been meaning to get this to you for a while. :)

We went to "Hawna's" (Zach in real life, Hawna on a baseball field. ?)games all throughout the year. This tournament in particular was at a brand new complex in Vegas- Big League Dreams.
The complex is designed to mimic major league baseball stadiums, scaled to smaller dimensions, such as Wrigley Field (Chicago), Fenway Park (Boston), and the Yankee Stadium in New York. It was fun to just walk around and look at everything. 

We had numerous photo sessions where we try to look as ridiculous as possible.
(or...is it only me that looks ridiculous and David is super suave...story of my life. hmph.)

Homemade Pizza Nights! 
We started this when we were dating and it's been fun to keep it going. I'm thinking it will become a weekly tradition when we have kids.

Date Nights!
Nothing screams date night like wearing your matching camo hoodies, going out for some frozen yogurt, and makin'out at the car wash. ;)

Sweet Surprises
I must say I have the sweetest husband. There have been countless times when I come home to roses and sweet little love notes. These ones were hiding in the fridge with coupons stuck everywhere: "evening of dancing", "weekend getaway", "candlelit dinner", etc. One of my favorite sweet surprises was when I got out of an evening class to find 2 dozen roses in my car! He is a sneaky one! Love him.

Paparazii Shots
David thinks it fun to be my personal paparazii. And okayyyy, I do it to him too. But he always looks good in any photos so it's not fair. This one however is share-able.
And this is worth mentioning: I have a piano!!!! On loan. :) David's mom sent it down knowing that it would be played and thus made more useful than sitting at her house! Thanks Mama!!!

Camping
We both enjoy it, and it was something we could not wait to go do together when we married. The first year of our marriage was flying by and late October we realized that we hadn't gone (besides the several family reunions throughout the summer...which we have no photos of- woops!). On a spur of the moment we decided to finally go camping. While I got the food supplies together, David was in charge of getting the gear. When we got to a spot we liked (we just went out to the lake), David pulled out a brand spankin' new tent! Not a 2-man or 4-man, but 6-man. What??? Was my first response, but it's nice having so much room. We're excited to get our money's worth out of it.
Saturday morning we went "exploring". Just hiked around and walked by the lake. On the way back I found the most disgusting coolest mud pond. At one point it was clear that where we were walking is where the lake used to stretch not so long ago. David was leading the way when we came to a spot that looked really if-y to walk on so he stopped. Dryer land was only 6 more feet away, and you could either take your chances or walk around an extra hill and mess of bushes and weeds. And what does Giulia do? She plunges right for the questionable land. And subsequently sunk 6 inches in mud. It was greattttt. :) David somehow managed to find one spot that wasn't a sink-hole and ran, hopped, skipped and jumped his way to the other side. Whatever.

The Birthday Boy
We were in Utah the weekend before his birthday. Knowing that we wouldn't have time to celebrate much the day of, we spent a good 4 hours at Cabela's. He was in man heaven. Oh what treasures Cabela's has to offer! :)
After showing me the fish aquarium tunnel, David pulled me into the trophy room. We looked at all the animals and then David said, "Now guess which one is my favorite mule deer." I told him I had no idea and he excitedly pulled me over to this guy. If I remember right this one is the first one you'll see when you're entering the room (not in the middle display, but the display beginning on the right wall). It's on his list of favorite things because of the buck's "cheater points"- the antlers on each side that are coming towards you, instead of pointing up like the others. (...or something like that...) You can see it in the pictures.
After looking at everything (seriously, I mean everything) in the store, we found this bad boy and David just had to have a picture. Every time I look at this I imagine David's looking up at the moose and thinking, "I can't wait to have a real one of these in my trophy room..." As he stood up he knocked over one of those mugs, shattering it. Woops! A nice worker told us not to worry about it- I guess Cabela's doesn't have a strict 'you break it, you buy it' policy- whew! After that we figured it was time for us to go.
That night we stayed at his Uncle and Aunt's gorgeous home. I can't remember which city it's in, but I do know that it wasn't far from Cabela's. The next day was his cousin's, Bradon, missionary farewell that we no longer call farewells. :) Elder Salazar is serving in Korea!
Our drive home:

The Birthday Boy's Stash
David raked in some pretty sweet stuff, the most beloved items being Under Armour cold gear. Happy Hunting in 2011!

My Breezy is Wed!
At the Bridal Shower (part of a Utah trip for Giulia in October which included the shower, girls night, Steven's funeral, volleyball games, and family time)
Your Basic Girls: Jenny, Breezy, Me, Nicole- Pretty sure I was supposed to be born two years earlier and graduate with these girls. 
Nicole was the bride's personal hair-dresser, while I played the role of make-up artist. The three of us had a delightful morning of getting the bride ready. And then Nicole and I rushed to get ourselves (and our husbands) presentable and to the temple on time after we got Breezy out the door. 
After the ceremony, Nicole and I waited for Breeze to come back to the bridal room to help her change and re-vamp before heading outside again. Breezy's attendant was amazed that the bride's "beauty team" was endowed. Go us! And go Breezy for having awesome friends! 
After the temple, we headed to Cici's Pizza where we filled our bellies beyond capacity. 
Not wanting to go home and then go back to Vegas for the reception, David and I went and saw Harry Potter between venues. It was fabulous!!! Breezy, I must thank you for giving me an all-day date with my husband. Temple in the morning, lunch to follow, Harry Potter in the afternoon, and then a party filled with delectable goodies and music...
...where we danced the night away!
...see what I mean about paparazzi/candid photos of me? They just, sigh, are not pretty. Note that David looks marvelous in all of them. 
However, it is fun to add your own captions to the pictures. My funny faces make for great comments! For instance: bottom row, left: Giulia- talking nonsensically and singing along with the music. David- "Just shut up and kiss me woman!" 
May I add that my husband is super awesome and will actually dance with me instead of sitting on the sidelines looking at everyone else dance and thus making their special ladies do the same? We won't name names, but there were plenty of people at this party that could have been dancing! We don't really even know what we're doing out there, but we sure have fun!

...and problem! Blogger isn't letting me load any more photos. I think I hit the max, no surprise there. So, I'll finish this ugly beast in a different post at a later time. Because, it's 2 a.m. and David's alarms to wake up for work just went off. Time to rise and shine and get hubby off to work with a cooler packed with two breakfasts and a lunch! We made it to Friday, people- oh happy day!



1 comment :

Felicia said...

OH Happy day! I'm praising Friday as well. With baby and myself both sick...I'm counting the hours till Joseph is home and can take over and let me rest. LOVED these pictures. By the way, I think you look fab in EVERY picture. Why do you think David is your personal paparazii? He knows what he's doing.