Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It is ridiculous.

"It's ridiculous," my friend Breezy said. "No appreciation!"
I could not agree with her more.
Watching Jane Austen movies (i.e. Pride and Prejudice) or old musicals (i.e. Sound of Music) with the husband is just not the same as watching one with your [girl]friend.
Proof:
David and I after finishing "Emma" (the BBC's 2009 version- it was wonderful! If you haven't watched it yet, I recommend it.) (And no, I'm not pouting because it wasn't superb [did I mention that it was fantastic?], but because David fell asleep on me. Wayyyy before the end.)

"At the end I can just tell that his heart is not glowing like mine."
Well ain't that the truth.

4 comments :

Rachel said...

hahahh I love this!

Chris and Shelly said...

Muwahahahha..... He's probably even drooling on your shoulder. Not crying.... but drooling! Men! Can't live with them, can't live without them! I'll watch Emma with you!

Breezy said...

I'd watch Emma with you twice in one night....And our hearts would be glowing....and I would love it.:)

giulia said...

Shelly, Breezy- just name the time and the place.