Monday, January 17, 2011

continued: Missed Assignments 2010

We left off at Breezy's wedding. After that was Thanksgiving. We were in Panaca and took no pictures, because we are awesome! Well, we took family pictures, but I don't have any copies of those. But I did take this picture on Felicia's camera and just now swiped it from her blog.
David and Amelia
We had a great time just hanging out with the family- sleeping in, eating, playing games, eating, sleeping, eating, and making Miss Amelia laugh when, of course, she wasn't sleeping. :)

Following Thanksgiving came the end-of-the-semester-madness and finals for the both of us. We survived. In fact, I think I should say we conquered! We both received excellent grades for the semester. Go Team D&G! And, Giulia just found out (like right before I started writing this) that her tuition is covered again for this Spring semester! Oh happy day! Being on the lower end of the income status has its perks- like the government paying your tuition, muwahahaha!

Date Night Before Finals Week
We went to the district to enjoy all the Christmasy fun, window shop, and eat at the Elephant Bar. Then we saw "Tangled" in 3D. We loved it! I think my favorite part was that David just giggled throughout the entire movie. 
Keepin' the boy in check:
Mini story about above photo: I do not abuse my husband, despite a very convincing photo above that seems to contradict that statement. This photo was taken during the movie's end credits. Thinking that they looked super fine in their 3D eyeware, they decided to take advantage of the photo opportunity. The plan was to go for a "mysterious spy" look. But as David leaned closer, his glasses got pushed upward. And just as the camera flashed David pulled this face to match his newly made geekware. Giulia looks like an enforcer while David looks like a beat-up scientist. Picture Perfect!

Next up: the annual Robbins Family Christmas Party. Games, games, games, good food, Santa, games, games, games, games. 

On Christmas Eve we took Family Pictures with the Stolworthy's. We drove out to Nelson's Landing and Wurley's Mine, put Ashley's camera on a Tri-pod and did the self-timer thing. We think they turned out great!
Sisters...

Ashley always catches my true colors on camera. Meaning my awkward, cheesy, goofball faces! ugh. I mean, Thanks Ash!
A Prime Example:
awesomeness. 

Later that day we went to Jim and Rita's for the annual Christmas Eve Party. When the fam lived "in the Woodridge house"we adopted Jim and Rita as grandparents. Until my family moved to Henderson, we had always lived close (in the same state at least) to other family. When we got here we were all by our lonesomes.  (That story is my own, original, and possibly not true, version because I was born soon after the move to Henderson, and thus suffer from pre-existant/ infantile amnesia.) Jim and Rita et al have always been good to us. 
Just past the front door a motion-activated singing christmas tree was set up. The boys loved it. Krugh was fascinated with it. 

Christmas Day! EVERYONE stayed at my parent's house and we kicked it old school. Meaning we woke up before the sun to open gifts before Dad had to go for work. I don't know how many times we did that growing up. oy! 
The little boys definitely had the most energy at 5:00 a.m.
check out Dad's dew rag. He pulls it off well, no?

Krugh.
The sticker that found his bum says Jenette. 

A painting for Bishop's office.

The Family Shirts 2010-2011
To be worn at the first annual GAS Family Reunion in August:
For those of you that are confused, GAS= Dad's initials. teheh. ;)

We found out that Keith and Keri are having a GIRL!

I thought David and I agreed that we wouldn't spend too much on each other for Christmas because a) David got plenty on his birthday and b) David spends way too much on Giulia throughout the year anyway. 
So, I got David a wii game- "The Hunt" by Bass Pro, a few shirts, good snow gloves, and new hair clippers. And I thought I went overboard on our agreement of "not too much".
But I was put to shame by husband dearest. He got me a CUTE sewing box/organizer, running pants and socks and headband, a dress, RED SHOES (satiny, ruffly t-straps), a pedicure kit, and a camelback backpack. Stinker. But each gift was so thoughtful and exactly what I needed/wanted. 
In this pic you can see the sewing box and the backpack (oh and the headband too).
And in this pic is Ashley's Tower of Glory built from the wooden blocks the boys got, and in the background we're playing the hunting game. 

Hmm...now what's left? Right. We moved out of our condo. Our contract ended on Dec. 31st. We could have renewed and stayed for another year but A) all our neighbors were smokers extraordinaire and the smoke smell would come through the air vents and it was just gross. We did our best to keep the smoke smell at bay. B) a few of our neighbors had nothing better to do than file complaints on us to the property management about how we left a "red towel on the porch", or how we "toss trash over the dumpster wall instead of walking it in" or.... any other ridiculous thing. C) We could save lots and lots of moolah by moving into David's grandparent's basement, which happens to be a few streets south of where my parent's live. 
Preston came and stayed with us after Christmas. His timing couldn't have been better! haha. Poor Preston. All year he's wanted to stay with us, but we could never get something worked out (or Mom wouldn't let him! ;D ) I'm sure glad he was able to come when he did though! P helped me pack and move all week. We worked all day and then would play all night. And by we, I mean just me and Prest. David was at work all day. When David got home he'd help us pack. But an early start requires an early bed time. Poor David! We'd put David to bed and then stay up all night playing games. We went to sleep right around when David would wake up to go to work. It was a fun week. Thanks for all the help Preston!

Here are some pics of our place (where we no longer live)
David and I want to be good at taking pictures of where we have lived, do live, and where we will one day reside, because we both love looking at our parent's old photos and seeing what their living quarters were like. :) And we think that our children might like seeing these. Top: my favorite part of the home. The piano and our awesome wall. Bottom left: the entertainment center, perpendicular to the piano (excuse the random chair and dress hanging from the pull-up bar, but please notice the mistletoe hanging from the door frame. David put it there! I sure like him). That door leads to the bedroom, which I failed to get pictures of, which leads to the bathroom and closet and washer/dryer- which I also failed to get pictures of. We're off to a great start with this whole "documenting our homes" thing. Bottom right: the dining area, porch doors, and kitchen is to the right.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
Christmas tree, oh christmas tree! We had a lot of fun with you! You can't see them in the pictures, but several bungee chords are keeping that thing together and standing up straight. haha. And the only decor I bought for the tree was the tinsel (to fill in the gaps where there wasn't enough tree) and the icicles. All the glitter balls are from our Wedding Luncheon. I think everything turned out nicely. :) I'm excited to decorate for Christmas next year. 

New Year's Eve. No pictures- what a surprise! But we partied hardy with family (what else do we do on the holidays?).
...And I think that wraps up 2010 for us. Here's to being a better blogger in 2011!