Sunday, July 6, 2014

June 2014

June flew by as I finished my internship, David kept up with online classes and taking care of the yard and garden.
We put in a fire pit! We love it! We went with the cheap way to put it together and used cinder blocks, that cut the price down about $100. :)

My garden!!!

Grass is coming in ok. Better than it used to look at least. :)
And the crab-apple tree is looking much healthier than it did last year.

After a day of boat inspections we ventured a little further north into Montana and checked out Cliff and Wade lakes. They are sooo beautiful! We decided to cook dinner at the lake and enjoy it for as long as we could. We will definitely be going back. With a boat and swimsuits next time. 


I made Uncle Klain's birthday cake! 70 years young!
We weren't really into celebrating birthdays, and we definitely never did chocolate cakes in the house I grew up in, so this was my first time making a chocolate cake. It turned out pretty good!


I finished my internship on June 14! It felt so good to come home and just be able to be home...until we left for another 3-day shift at the lake.

Floated the river with ward and my sweet visiting teachee took this awful photo! haha. I clearly didn't know where to look. David and I were the last ones in as we took our sweet time and fished the way down instead of paddling like crazy.

Headed over to Driggs for the Hunstman fireworks show.
Before the fireworks we drove into the Teton mountain range and hiked up to the Darby wind caves. It was great to be outside surrounded by beauty.

My sweet friend, Janet!
And oh yah, I'm 6 months pregnant!
 

Such a great show! One of the best I've seen. We definitely recommend it.



No comments :