Monday, February 6, 2012

Can't breathe

I've been watching my boyfriend do p90x with a backpack FULL of HEAVY textbooks. 
whooo! heee.heee.hooo.
as if p90 isn't hard enough

After watching in awe and recovering my breath, I decided I should probably get up and do something myself. 
Today was a "light" day for me, here's what I did: 
50 jumping jacks
10 push ups
20 sit ups
25 mountain climbers
30 second plank
20squats
30 lunges
40 toe touches
50 second wall sit
100 jumping jacks
50 second wall sit
40 toe touches
30 lunges
20 squats
50 jumping jacks 
10 push ups
20 sit ups
25 mountain climbers
30 second plank

.:otherwise known as a pyramid workout:.
(modified by mwah)
It doesn't take much time, it's simple, no special equipment needed, you can do it anywhere and I highly recommend it for a quick "tighten and tone" session (or as an every day wake yourself up; no coffee or 5-hour energies needed in this house [nor have they ever been present]).
note on push-ups: be a big girl- get off the knees!

4 comments :

Rachel said...

Hmm I likey dis! I will be trying today! & I will be sore tomorrow :) what are the toe touches, though? I'm assuming they're not the chearleader kind?

Courtney said...

I just had to point this out...I believe at the beginning of this post you called David your boyfriend, not husband. hehe I thought it was funny :)

giulia said...

Hello, David is my boyfriend- for life! ...he also happens to carry the title of husband.

And Rach- toe touches. I like to mix it up with a simple hamstring stretch version- bending over with feet shoulder width apart and touching the toes, come up, back down,... or a military march version- standing, alternate arm and legs so that while one leg is extended to about a 90 degree angle from the floor, your opposite reaches out and touches the toes of that extended leg (foot).
Make sense? Sometimes I'll do 20/20 or 10/30 or all stretch the first time and then military march the second.
Also, the mountain climbers can be do in a standing or plank position.
have fun!

Felicia said...

Bahahaha! That is all I have to say. Still laughing over here!!!!