Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What can you do in 6 weeks?

Giulia can read 23 different articles, 2 books, totaling approx. 920 pages- give or take, probably more give.
She can write approx. 70 pages analyzing those pages + 22 responses of peer's discussion posts. In addition- 3 research papers, each at least 8 pages. As well as 3 extensive peer reviews (for each paper).
Not only can she do this in 6 weeks, but she did!
So happy to be done with this class.
Just waiting for the final grade to be posted.

p.s., this class, albeit the most demanding, has been a favorite thus far at NSC. It has been the first to really give me a challenge. BYU is just so much different. The competition is 100 times harder, the professors expect more from you, thus the classes are harder. And although it was annoying that 6 weeks of summer were consumed by this one class, I appreciate the work that was required. However, I do not appreciate that all I have done is sat on my big toosh and studied. Time to get back in shape....

Speaking of getting back in shape. ay yi yi. Truth- I am currently the least fit I have ever been. (Okay, MAYBE my first year of college was the worst) It is not fun. And it's hard to have fun when one is lacking so in physicality. For example. We went to the lake on Saturday. Tubed, wakeboarded, the works. I, Giulia, have moved slower than a turtle ever since. My whole body is so sore. I feel like I've been at a volleyball camp for a week (ahh, the good ol' days). Except I haven't. All I did was hang on for dear life while being dragged by a boat (tubing). Sat in the boat while others enjoyed the same thrill. My arms felt like limp noodles immediately after. And then rode a few wakes, which made my legs feel like jello afterwards. My point: it is better to make healthy living- eating and EXERCISE- an everyday priority, no matter how busy the schedule is. That way, when you do get a break to have some fun, that fun doesn't make you feel like you are 40 years older than you really are.



And couldn't help but laugh out loud after seeing this one:

No comments :