Monday, February 3, 2014

November 2013

Playing catch up 'round here.
 We left off at David's birthday. 
We celebrated by actually going out to eat. This is a rare event indeed. We dined at The Hickory here in town. It was tasty and affordable.
He requested a pizookie, or fruit pizza, instead of a cake or what have you, and I think it turned out darling!
We ate that whole thing within a matter of days. Two and a half to be precise. We are not ashamed. ;)

We decided to do our own little Thanksgiving dinner, just the two of us. 1) driving somewhere to meet family sounded exhausting. 2) We could have gone to the Erickson's and crashed their party, but I really wanted to try cooking a full-out thanksgiving spread on my own for the first time. 3) I wanted to make it a paleo meal. IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!!!!
As I made messes in the kitchen David one-cut his hair super short; it's never been that short before, and two- tried to keep up with cleaning all the dishes I was dirtying as I cooked. It was a great team effort.  After we barely even made a dent in all that food, we had some friends over for dessert. I made these lemon bars, and they are the best lemon bars I've ever had. I don't have much of a sweet tooth, and these are more lemony/citrus than sweet. Did I mention no sugar and no flour? Score! Try it out!

Part of our preparations for going home for the two-week Christmas break was boiling our deer heads so we could bleach them out. This was David's Tuesdays project. It takes a while to boil the head and then peel and clean out everything. And we had two heads to get done. I say "we". David did all work. Tuesdays I'm gone all day.

And this just makes me giggle.
On one side of the counter we have the wildlife biologist student's project, and on the other side of the counter is the horticulture student's bonsai (and a coconut, haha).

Other than David's birthday and Thanksgiving, November flew by as we hunkered down for the end of the semester rush.

1 comment :

LemonDrop Creative | Ashley said...

I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!