Friday, November 15, 2013

One year older

And more handsome too!
David's birthday is tomorrow.
He's kind of freaking out because he thinks he's getting old or something.
He will be a whopping 2-6.
I just wanted to quickly write down a few things about this happy man with whom I get to share my days. My 9:00 a.m. class was canceled today, so after driving the Mr. to campus (it is his birthday after all- no walking for the birthday boy!) and then running a quick errand this morning, I have a few minutes before I need to leave for my next class.

I've been sick the last week (the cough and cold variety), and he's been totally winning at being a husband. I get home from work and school and the laundry is folded and put away, dishes are done, dinner is ready; he comes home from work in the mornings and makes breakfast and wakes me up. I should be sick more often!
He always has funny stories to share or something to make me laugh.
In conversing with me, he likes to start his sentences with, "Well darlin'..."
He can be so silly and carefree it makes me smile. For example, I frequently catch him practicing dance moves in the kitchen.
Speaking of dancing in the kitchen, he loves to pull me close and dance in the kitchen. 
He is working so hard in school. 
He isn't late to work. I don't know how he just wakes up every day at 3:45 a.m. Ugh!
He is kind to everybody and he's not afraid to jump right in and help someone. For example, several times this semester he's helped a few wheel-chair bound souls get to their destination through the rain, hills, and slick roads. He says at first they tell him they don't need help, but David just starts talking and pushing, and soon enough they are talking back and telling stories and laughing. I wish I could see this.
He can grow an awesome beard. 
He has the cutest most perfect feet. Ask him about them next time you see him, he might just show them off to you.
He manages his time sooo well and keeps his focus while working on school. He will plow through assignment after assignment without getting distracted. It puts me to shame. 
He gives me compliments all the time, and isn't shy about staring into my eyes and saying, "You're boooootifoool." 
I really do feel like the luckiest girl in the world because he chose me and I get to be his. 
And now I'm crying (lately that's been happening more than I care to admit... I blame sleep deprivation) so I'll just put up some photos and get out of here and get to class.

Happy Birthday David Scott version 2.0!!!

These first three pics are just randoms that are on the photobooth album.

He's going to kill me after seeing this one. :) 

He certainly is the best Uncle any little girl  could ask for. 

 And this mirrored picture of Krugh makes me smile so it had to be included. :)

First day of walking to campus in the snow! (I know you can't see any snow in the picture- it was very wet stuff that day- but I assure you it was snowing!)
 photo IMAG0022_zpsc8c65126.jpg

I love you, David!
 photo P1040930_zps80cfe00f.jpg

1 comment :

Felicia said...

David Scott Version 2.0!! Ha ha ha ha. He is pretty great. I'm just so thankful that he has found someone who not only appreciates what a wonderful person he is, but who has also brought out so many more good things about him. WAY late, but Happy Birthday little bro bro.