Monday, August 26, 2013

Getting closer!

I'm not sure if I posted the finished mailbox/new post project in its completed state:
 photo IMAG1485_zps83364f7b.jpg   photo IMAG1488_zpsdd8a0179.jpg
Since taking the above photos, the grass has started to look green again....who wants to pay that water bill? ugh!

Our fridge decor, send us pictures and you could make it to the fridge too:
 photo IMAG1489_zps260701c8.jpg

Kitchen cabinets installed in the basement:
 photo IMAG1491_zpsda4bb2f8.jpg   photo IMAG1493_zpsafc55f44.jpg

The previous new tub that Dad bought for downstairs just wasn't working out. Plumbing problems, I don't know. So he had to get another new tub. And this one didn't come with the shower walls with nice corner shelves like the other/older new one, so we had to tile the walls. 
 photo IMAG1495_zpsa88904b9.jpg   photo IMAG1496_zps80c5b46b.jpg   photo IMAG1497_zps6bb497ca.jpg
Also, got the rest of the bathroom floor tiled, new toilet put in, new vanity/sink put in, and some awesome lighting! Seriously, that place is brighter than any room upstairs. Yes, tiny bathroom. Originally I believe the plan was to extend the bathroom wall (where the tub is) to provide a little more space. But I think the final verdict was that you spend more time in the kitchen, so more space in the kitchen is better than a little more space in the powder room. Or something like that.
 photo IMAG1502_zps9bdcd63c.jpg   photo IMAG1503_zps4bbec8af.jpg   photo IMAG1507_zps3c594ab7.jpg   photo IMAG1508_zps54f4cf55.jpg

Kitchen countertops being cut and installed:
 photo IMAG1506_zpscdeb10fd.jpg
When we left Saturday night, the sink was in, oh and all the appliances were delivered earlier in the week- brand new stove/oven and fridge.

As I was unpacking the boxes of stuff that we piled in the second bedroom, there was a box with a few photo albums inside. I couldn't resist looking at some of my old pictures and not sharing:
My 6th grade attempt at scrapbooking- notice the fancy cut corners and how neatly I labeled everyone...directly on the photo:
 photo IMAG1501_zps8a19485c.jpg

Jenette and Giulia, summer '92
 photo IMAG1500_zps2504afd2.jpg

Paige, Tabitha, Giulia, Erin- best dance ever at a family reunion:
 photo IMAG1499_zpsa086d88b.jpg

Jenette and Giulia's first time to Disneyland, 2002 I believe:
 photo IMAG1498_zps35897d66.jpg

Til' next time! ...whenever that may be. I only blog when we're at work waiting for boats. We don't have internet at the house in Rexburg....yet... And since this is our last shift for work, hooray!, I'm not sure when we'll have buzz again, or that we'll have anything terribly exciting to share anyway.
Toodleyhoo!

1 comment :

Felicia said...

It's getting there! Looking great. Wish I could see it in person.