Monday, March 12, 2012

How things work 'round here

David works works works works all the day long. 
And I come to wherever he may be, these days it's the garage, and feed him. 
A man can't work if he's hungry! Oh wait, this one can. He gets so fixed on whatever project he has that he works it without taking a rest until its done. I used to have a love/hate relationship with this. LOVE love love that he is SUCH a HARD worker. When we were first married I would get so annoyed when he wouldn't stop for 10-15 minutes to come inside and sit and have breakfast/lunch/dinner with me.
Solution: bring the sustenance to the man. And spoon feed him when he has hands-elbows so covered in grease that you don't know what his real skin color is anymore. 

On a related note- I am so glad I married such a handy man. 
On another related note- the jeep is almost all the way done. Last weekend he finished putting the dashboard back together (successfully!) Yesterday it got new motors for the rear windows and a new power steering pump. All done by David. Oh, and Chris too. They fixed a window each. I went out to the garage to see what the status was, and it was fun to sit back and observe. As a young[er] girl I used to worry about how/if my husband would fit in with my brothers. David fits like a glove. However, I fear that some of the family's "humor" has taken too great a hold on David. And it all comes out whenever David is around his mother. Mother does not appreciate this new behavior. And that's all I have to say about that. 

But life is good. And God is great. And good friends are great to have.

2 comments :

LemonDrop Creative | Ashley said...

Has Chris shared with David our GAS family "secrets" already? CRAP! Also, I would have loved to have seen a picture of those two together. He does fit in to the fam like a glove, huh? All of our crazy men folk... they're somethin' else. We can't wait to have you here with us next week! Levi has a bike project he's been working on for a while, any chance that David would like to help him? You and I can go shopping "in town" at Kmart. Sounds dreamy, huh? :)

Rachel said...

SUCCESS! I'm glad that the Jeep is back together...that's always a stressful part as the wife "Uh..yeah...you just took it a part, I am so proud...but I'll be more proud when it's put back together & functioning again...." bahaha The pictures are awesome, too! Our hubs need to get together they sound like twinsies!